04 August 2008

Sartorial Perfection.




Special thanks to Christopher for bringing The Sartorialist to my attention. This brilliant, inventive and Most Excellent blog is the work of photographer Scott Schuman.

As Scott states on the biography page of his blog, " I didn’t want to become a “fashion photographer” but I knew somehow that my loves of fashion and photography would eventually merge. I just never guessed it would be in the form of a blog. I thought I could shoot people on the street the way designers looked at people, and get and give inspiration to lots of people in the process. My only strategy when I began The Sartorialist was to try and shoot style in a way that I knew most designers hunted for inspiration."

Inspiration is what Scott has indeed given me. He has a precise and exacting eye for spotting style and fashion perfectly executed by every day people on the streets of Milan, Paris, London, New York, etc.

I have included several photographs here. All are taken by Scott Schuman. Each photo depicts an individual with incredible personal style. These photos are my favorites from 2008. The Satorialist is definitely worth navigating to if you are at all fashion and style driven or if you just appreciate very good taste.