16 January 2008

Two pieces of distinction.


Casamilano brings us two pieces of furniture worthy of being noted as Most Excellent Things. The first piece, (shown below), is the "Omega" cabinet. This ebony-stained ash cabinet is finished with a distinctive bronze cast handle. The handle is made using the natural sand method. Measurements:  100" wide x 45" deep x 112" high. Made in Italy. Designed by Laboratorio Avallone.










Interior detail - "Omega" cabinet. Made of Ash.



Bronze handle detail - "Omega" cabinet



"Asmir" Ottoman table by Paola Navone for Casamilano

I love Heraldic lions. The icon for my firm is a cross between a Heraldic lion and a griffin. The icon was hand-drawn and then finished for accuracy and precision by a graphic designer. I especially love the claws of this iconic symbol, (seen at the header of this blog). That leads me to this beautiful ottoman table. The "Asmir" by Casamilano is a wood structure table with fully removable upholstery and polyurethane foam filling. The interesting and very distinctive lion claw feet are made of resin and hand-decorated to achieve a stone like effect. I wish I had a place in my apartment for either one of these magnificent pieces of furniture. Perhaps it is time to re-decorate!







Lion claw foot detail - Made of resin. Hand-decorated.