29 May 2008

The Rug Company. "Flytip" Rug.



Sometimes what I think is Most Excellent may be a little bit odd. Such is the case with this "Flytip" rug from The Rug Company. It is an extremely well made Tibetan rug of 150 count in 100% wool and silk. What I like most about it is the fun somewhat "pop art" design. Perhaps the rug is a take on modern culture or urban life. It definitely conveys some sort of message and it is one that I believe is whimsical and a lot of fun. I could see this rug as a centerpiece amongst a minimal grouping of furniture in an open loft-like space. I would create the room in a medley of tone-on-tone neutral colors and then interject this wild rug on the floor as a unique and very different piece of art. A picture is worth a thousand words... this rug may just be worth two thousand words! I'd also like to mention that The Rug Company manufacturers a wealth of rugs from the more traditional to contemporary to collections designed by such fashion designers as Paul Smith, Vivienne Westwood and Diane von Furstenburg, to name a few.