05 February 2013

look who is back!



Ever since I designed the Show house for the HGTV competition series, "Showhouse Showdown", I have found the Cockatoo  a fun and quirky imsgr to place randomly in a home. For the show, I placed a large limited edition print of a Cockatoo above the master bedroom bed just for the fun of it. Granted the room was designed to capture the interest of a television audience, but why not be silly with design sometimes? Tastefully silly! An unexpected accessory, such as the pillow above, can start conversations, place a smile on someone's face or bring cheer to each day. This vibrant orange and marigold colored linen pillow has the image of a cockatoo. The 20" x 20" pillow, imported from Australia immediately made me chuckle so I thought it would be an uplifting blog entry for today. Check it out from Apartment 48 in New York.




A limited edition photograph of the head of a cockatoo adds a touch of whimsy to this bedroom I designed for HGTV's competition television series "Showhouse Showdown"